20TH NOVEMBER TO 8TH DECEMBER 2017
The course is designed for Development and Management Officers working in community based programmes.
• To enable participants understand the concept of gender and its application in the development process.
• To equip participants with skills for gender mainstreaming in their organizations and to develop gender sensitive programmes.
• To sensitize participants of management challenges of mainstreaming gender in an African church context and share experiences of successful strategies employed elsewhere.
Module 1: Fundamentals for Effective Management
• Stewardship and accountability.
• Organizational and personal integrity.
• Time management and delegation.
• Effective communication.
• Effective Leadership.
• Strategic Management
Module 2: Gender Issues and Development
• Understanding gender and social construction of gender.
• Historical development of gender
• Biblical perspectives of gender
• Introduction to Gender Analytical Frameworks.
• Tools for gender analysis.
• Gender and church based organizations and projects/programmes.
• Gender and organizational culture (Legal & Cultural Issues)/engendering policies.
• Gender issues in management and strategies for gender mainstreaming.
Module 3: Gender Related Development and Management issues:
• Gender development perspectives.
• Gender perspective to planning.
• Writing Gender Sensitive Project Proposals.
Module 4: Additional Management topics:
• Motivation (Getting the most from self and others.)
• Managing finances at the work place.
• Engendered budgeting and budgetary controls.
• Conflict management and Resolution.
• Teams and Team building.
• Counseling and counseling skills.
• Stress and stress management.
Tuition Fee: US $ 800
Accommodation Fee: US $ 520