STARTING 22ND OCTOBER TO 9TH NOVEMBER 2012
The course is designed to equip Executives of churches or church related organizations, such as General Secretaries of churches, Dioceses, Christian Council of Churches, Episcopal Conferences: Superiors of religious congregations and Heads of Church institutions and Christian NGOs, Heads of Human Resource.
• To address major issues of human resource management that face our churches and church related
Module 1: Fundamentals for Effective Management
• Stewardship & Accountability.
• Organizational and personal Integrity.
• Dual Nature of human beings and management controls.
• Time management and Delegation.
Module 2: Management Overview
• Trends and developments in HRM.
• Understanding the Human resource function.
• Human – resource planning and forecasting.
• Job analysis/evaluation and job descriptions.
Module 3: Human resource selection and hiring.
• Selection Procedures/Interviews.
• Terms and condition of service.
• Induction, orientation and on-the job training
• Career management.
• Training and development policy.
• Exit/separation with the employee.
Module 4: Performance Management
• Performance management.
• Performance training.
• Linking appraisal to development of employee.
Module 5: Compensation and Benefits.
• Principles of wage administration.
• Internal equity and competitiveness.
• Salary grading and structure.
• Pension fund Administration (provident fund; gratuity).
Module 6: Employment and Industrial Relations.
• Labour and legal relations.
• Settlement of grievances.
Module 7: Other
• Welfare service and safety.
• Conflict management.
• Counseling and counseling techniques.
• Stress management and burnout.
Tuition Fee: US $ 800
Accommodation Fee: US $ 520